- Zahra Billoo, the executive director of the San Francisco Chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, will join us to talk about rising Islamophobia and hate crimes against Arabs, Muslims and South Asians in the US, as Chicago-area Islamic centers are attacked after a Congressman says radical Muslims are “trying to kill Americans every week”;
- A US federal court upholds the state secrets privilege, foregoing the rights of Muslim citizens;
- Bus ads in San Francisco call Palestinians “savages”;
- Also, an Israeli high court decision enables the widespread torture of Palestinian detainees;
- The Israeli army sentences a soldier to just 45 days in prison for his killing of a Palestinian mother and her daughter in Gaza, who were shot while waving white flags during Israel’s attacks in 2008-2009;
- The Guardian (UK) has hired a new contributor who openly called on the Israeli army to kill Americans sailing to Gaza, including Pulitzer prize-winning author Alice Walker and Kindertransport refugee Hedy Epstein;
- Palestinian refugees forced out of Iraq feared lost at sea en route to Australia;
- A South African government official tells citizens not to visit Israel because it mistreats Palestinians.
Weekly Update on the Israel-Palestine conflict
This is our new fb page for HADES CLOTHING
Millie and I would be so grateful if you like/reblog, we are just getting started and would really appreciate your support
Our about page is now up!